CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY HAM GROUP
HAM works to obtain a safe environment for its workers and clients
Our team of professionals is the cornerstone of HAM Group success, always in direct contact with our customers and suppliers, working to develop high-quality and reliable advances, which allow us to face such an important challenge as caring for the environment.
We are committed to talent for the development of our projects, promoting a solid and lasting professional career within Grupo HAM, so that our team members can display all their professional skills and abilities; a safe, respectful, flexible and equal opportunities work environment for all members of our team, promoting shared learning between departments and processes, and continuous training that allows them to improve their job skills.
At HAM we are committed to the safety and health of our workers, having registered labor accident rates lower than the average for our sector, which has earned us recognition such as the Bonus Diploma, awarded by Ibermutua, in attention to our unique involvement in the prevention of occupational hazards.
We are committed to a philosophy of "continuous improvement" based on the continuous training of our workers, but we also include specific training for our clients, aimed mainly at all those people designated by the client and who will be working on a day-to-day with the natural gas, thus minimizing the risks and possible occupational accidents that could be caused by improper handling of the facilities, where our clients work with innovative equipment, developed by our R&D department, such as a new nozzle that allows the supply of LNG with greater safety when disconnecting without producing gas emissions into the air, giving rise to an operation where the risk of burns and the creation of possible explosive atmospheres is eliminated. Further, HAM Group is investing in the elimination of all the hoses of the plants, available only in our tanks, designed and developed by HAM, with the aim of reducing incidents due to misuse, thus increasing the safety of users.
HAM bets on people
At HAM Group we believe in and bet on people, their lives and their stories. We have created a "Solidarity Donations Program", committing ourselves to the improvement of those most vulnerable groups in society, helping non-profit entities that promote cooperation and solidarity projects with an economic contribution, or equivalent action. We currently collaborate with entities such as Open Arms and Arrels Fundació.
On the other hand, during the State of Alarm decreed by COVID-19, we wanted to be next to the carriers and we installed a mobile toilet at our HAM Abrera CNG-LNG service station and our catering service was in charge of delivering sandwiches and bottles of water for free, to all drivers. We also did not forget the health personnel and we made an important delivery of masks to the Viladecans Hospital.
HAM Committed to the environment
EAt HAM Group we are concerned about the environment, which is why we follow a series of environmental criteria in all our projects, with the aim of reducing polluting emissions and reducing the effects of climate change.
We promote the commitment to the environment between our team and collaborators, acquiring environmentally friendly products and services, respecting and guaranteeing current regulations, adapting our processes and developments to the environmental legislation of the different countries where we work, promoting our own requirements, more demanding than those established, between our team and collaborating companies.
Our environmental policy has earned us the recognition of the gas sector, receiving the “Environmental Entrepreneurship” award during the celebration of the VII Gasnam Congress in 2019, as we are considered the pioneer company in promoting natural gas in mobility. Almost 40 years ago we started in Badalona as a company dedicated to the transport of dangerous goods by road and since our inception we have always opted for compressed natural gas and liquefied natural gas as an environmentally friendly source of energy, with the aim of reduce local and global emissions, compared to other types of more polluting fuels.
Actions of HAM Group for the care of the environment
- Installation of solar panels at the HAM Group headquarters (120kW), which allow the energy produced by solar irradiations to be transformed into electrical energy. This allows us, unlike fossil fuels, to enjoy a reliable and environmentally friendly source of energy, without producing CO2.
- CHAMeleon Project: the objective has been the study of LNG transport in the Mediterranean Corridor, between Barcelona and Ljubljana, through innovative approaches and technologies to allow the rapid deployment of natural gas as a clean and alternative fuel, respectful of the environment.
- HAM nozzle: our R&D team has developed a new nozzle that allows the supply of liquefied natural gas to heavy vehicles, with greater safety by being able to disconnect without producing gas emissions into the air, promoting an operation where the risk of burns and the creation of possible explosive atmospheres are eliminated. On the other hand, by minimizing gas emissions, the environmental impact is reduced.
- Elimination of plant hoses, only available in our tanks, to avoid possible emissions, due to leaks, into the atmosphere.
- The degree of vacuum of the equipment manufactured by HAM Criogénica is so high that it allows a considerable reduction in the emission of the boil off. Our teams have the implementation of the "on the fly" system.
- Participation in various projects related to biogas:
- Developed the first 100% vehicular Biomethane project in Spain in Vilanant, Girona. The project is based on the biogas generated in an anaerobic codigestion plant of residues from the agri-food industry and from a cattle farm.
- Development of one of the largest 100% vehicular Biomethane plants in Europe in Faenza, Italy, with an estimated annual capacity of 9 million kilos. The project starts from the biogas generated by 2 digesters, where by-products derived from the wine and food chain are recovered, which is transformed into biogas.
- SMART Green Gas Project: Design, construction and start-up of HAMikro biomethane dispenser in Guadalajara, Jerez de la Frontera and Lleida. The installation consists of a low-flow compression system, a high-pressure bottle storage structure and a dispenser that allows the vehicles to be supplied with a biomethane obtained from the transformation of biogas.
- Participation in the LNGas HIVE Project, with the design, construction and start-up of a mobile unit that supplies Liquefied Natural Gas to an electric generator, which in turn is in charge of providing power to the ships moored in the port. This mobile unit makes it possible to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions levels by 85%, as well as the elimination of all sulfur particles and oxides, generated by ships when they self-generate their own electricity in port facilities.
- The entire HAM Group fleet uses LNG as the only fuel, which allows us to reduce nitrogen oxides (NOx) by 60%, PM particles by 99% and carbon dioxide (CO2) by 95%. ), which will allow better air quality. The fleet of our vehicles is continually renewed, incorporating tractors with the latest technology that allows for better results in caring for the environment.
- We promote the use of gas-powered vehicles among all our employees, collaborators and partners.